Search This Blog

amaz



Monday, July 2, 2018

Natural Cold and Flu Remedies -Be Cured

Natural Cold and Flu Remedies



It's no wonder these kinds of treatments are popular -- we still have no cure for colds or the flu. While the flu vaccine may prevent the flu, and some prescription medications may shorten its symptoms, most conventional medications just ease symptoms. Many natural remedies can give you short-term relief as well, and a few may help you get better. 

The common cold,  a type of upper respiratory infection (URI),  is the most frequent infection a person will encounter in their lifetime.  It is estimated that there are more than 220 different cold viruses which infect humans. After exposure, it normally takes one to three days for illness to start, and the duration of a cold is usually seven days, but in some cases can last several weeks. The same virus never infects the same person twice, and while there is no cure for the common cold, there are ways to prevent infection.

More dangerous than a cold is the Influenza virus, also known as The Flu.  The Flu affects millions of people worldwide annually.  Sometimes the flu can result in death in high-risk individuals (i.e. diabetics,  those with lung disease, senior citizens and cancer patients).  Death is usually the result of a secondary bacterial infection such as pneumonia,  which can occur due to one’s immune system having been weakened.

Take Prevention from Starting

Prevention is truly the best medicine, and this is especially true when it comes to the common cold and flu.  There are ways to help keep your body strong, so you can try to resist infection:

Hand washing – Frequent handwashing with antibacterial soap and warm to hot water is the most effective way to prevent the spread of a viral illness. In addition, avoiding rubbing your eyes and nose is crucial. A quality hand sanitizer should also be kept nearby.

Diet – Consume a healthy diet, rich in fruits and vegetables that vary in color. This provides antioxidants, which protect the body and prepare the immune system against viruses and bacteria.

Avoid sick contacts – If possible, avoid being in the presence of sick people.  If you are, ensure there is adequate fresh air in order to dilute the number of germs in the air to which you are being exposed.

Cough into elbow – When ill, cough into your sleeve or elbow instead of coughing and sneezing into your hand.  Remind others who are ill in your presence to do the same.

Get Sleep – Adequate sleep is required to keep the immune system strong.  A 2016 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association  showed sleeping fewer than 6 hours a  night increases the risk of contracting a cold.

Natural Cold and Flu Remedies

Vitamin C tablets and an Orange

Its cold-fighting powers remain uncertain. Some research suggests it can cut cold symptoms short by about a day, but an analysis of multiple studies showed that only people on daily vitamin C at minimum doses of 200 mg each day who were under extreme physical stress were significantly less likely to get a cold. Taking vitamin C only after the start of symptoms has not been shown to be helpful.

Echinacea

This herbal supplement may boost your immune system and help fight infections. But it’s unclear whether that helps you fight off colds. Most evidence shows echinacea doesn’t help prevent a cold, but some research found it shortens symptoms by a day or two. Other studies say it has no effect. To try it, take it when you start to feel bad and continue for 7 to 10 days.

Zinc Lorenges

Some studies show it helps fight viruses, like the cold. They say the mineral stops certain proteins from forming before cold viruses can use them to reproduce. While zinc doesn’t appear to prevent colds, it may help shorten their length and lessen the severity if you take it within 24 hours of the first symptoms. You should continue to take zinc for five days. The FDA says not to use zinc nasal products for colds -- some people say they had a permanent loss of smell.

Chicken Soup

Chicken soup may help cold symptoms in more than one way. Inhaling the steam can ease a stuffy nose. Sipping spoonfuls of Chicken Soup can help replace the fluids you lose. The warm, salty broth can alleviate sore throats.

Vitamin D

Low levels of vitamin D,  most common during the winter, have been shown to be associated with increased risk for contracting a cold or influenza infection. Optimizing vitamin D intake and sunlight exposure may be a good way to help prevent infection.  Suggested dose: Vitamin D 2,000 to 5,000 IU daily.

Hot Tea

It offers some of the same perks as chicken soup. Breathing in the steam relieves congestion, while swallowing the fluid soothes your throat and keeps you hydrated. Black and green teas have the added bonus of being loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants, which may stave off colds, as well.

Hot Toddy

This adult drink is an age-old nighttime cold remedy. Since you won't want to drink black tea and all that caffeine before bed, make a cup of hot herbal tea. Add a teaspoon of honey, a small shot of whiskey or bourbon, and a squeeze of lemon. This mixture may ease congestion, soothe your throat, alleviate your cough, and help you sleep. Limit yourself to one -- too much alcohol can keep you awake.

Garlic

It's long been known as a germ fighter. And one study showed garlic supplements may help prevent colds when taken daily. But more research needs to be done to figure out its real effects. It does have nutrients, and in food form it can also help spice up your meals when a stuffy nose makes everything taste bland.

Steam/Humidifier

Breathing in steam can break up congestion in your nose, offering relief when it’s stuffy or runny. You can get a heavy dose from a room humidifier, fill a bowl with hot water and lean over it with a towel over your head, or simply sit in the bathroom with the door shut and a hot shower running.

Saline Irrigation

Dripping or spraying saltwater into your nose can thin out the gunk and help you get rid of it. That makes you less stuffy. You can try over-the-counter nasal saline washes, or make your own. If you make your own, use water that's contaminant-free. It could be distilled, sterile, previously boiled and cooled, or filtered using a filter with an absolute pore size of 1 micron or less. Mix 8 ounces of warm water with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Use a bulb syringe to squirt the liquid into one nostril while you hold the other one closed. Repeat 2-3 times and then do the other side. After you're done, be sure to rinse the irrigation device after each use with contaminant-free water, and let it air-dry.

Neti Pot

You can use the same saline solution in this gadget. It lets you flush out your nasal passages with a saltwater solution. The result is thinner mucus that drains more easily. Research suggests Neti pots can ease symptoms like congestion, pressure, and facial pain, particularly in people with ongoing (chronic) sinus troubles. The Neti solution also comes in a bottle with a nozzle that goes in your nose and generates the force to flush your sinuses.

Nasal Strips

You wear these strips of tape on the bridge of your nose to open the nasal passages. While they can't get rid of the stuffiness, they do create more space for airflow. That can help relieve nighttime congestion.

Menthol Ointment

Days of wiping and blowing your nose can leave the skin around your nostrils sore and irritated. A simple remedy is to dab a menthol-infused ointment under (but not in) your nose, or on your chest or throat. The menthol vapors relieve a cough and open clogged passages, which eases your congestion. But don’t use it on raw skin and don’t give it to children under age 2.

Saltwater Gargle

This may help your sore throat by decreasing throat swelling and rinsing out irritants and germs. Gargle warm water with a teaspoon of salt four times daily to keep a scratchy throat moist.

Bed Rest

Who has time to spend a day or two under the covers? But when you get plenty of rest, your body can direct more energy to fighting off germs. Staying warm is also important, so tuck yourself in and give your immune system a leg up.

Infections with a pathogenic virus can cause things from the common cold to deadly influenza.  To date, there is no cure for these infections. However, there are measures which can be taken to prevent infection, reduce symptoms and strengthen the immune system.  Some of these medications are pharmaceutically developed while others are herbal supplements that have been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, Holistic Health Practitioners and now people, all over the world.  Those seeking more natural ways to care for an illness are rediscovering the wisdom of our ancestors. No matter what route you take, if your respiratory symptoms do not improve over a few days, seek the service of a qualified healthcare professional to make sure a more serious infection is not present. Live righteously and be well!

WE WISH YOU A GOOD HEALTH

  






11 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so exited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of Dr. Emmanuel who cured my Herpes virus with his herbs, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly Herpes virus (HVS) for the past (4)years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for way to get rid of this disease, the hospital have been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have did, few days after i went back to the same hospital that previously confirmed me as Herpes virus positive and this time the result declared me negative to the deadly virus of Herpes virus....so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God use a man to healed me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, suffering from AIDS, ALS,hiv/aids,copd, asthma.. Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: ( nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp number +2348140073965 he been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searchingthrough the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr.Emmanuel helped someone in curing his Herpes virus using his healing
      Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to a preparation for the herbs items, of which I did exactly what he instructed me to do, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he
      thank you.

      Delete
    2. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
      in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
      have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
      read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
      contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
      remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
      another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
      nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

      Delete
    3. Good evening to you all I want to write a shortly message to the world how doctor ehiaguna help with his great herbal medicine to cured me from this horrible virus HSV 1 and 2 I get his email from someone name Olivia mason how she was also cured by doctor ehiaguna I never believe there was cure until I meet her testimony, I contacted doctor ehiaguna I don’t believe there was cure well I am so happy to write this testimony to the world, this man immediately when I sent him email and this man response within 20 minus and give me the necessary process and the herbal was sent to within 4 day I took it according to the instruction so with 2 week I was completely cured and I get my test done I was confirm negative I am so happy if you want to get his contact you can message him with this email drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953 he can fix this.HIV.HEPATITIS.ANTHRAX.HPV.CANCER.ALSAND ALSO SOLVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM

      Delete
  2. This Herpes treatment was very helpful. I prefer the natural way of treating them and I found out on this site https://dr-olori-traditional-healng-herbs.weeblysite.com/ the treatments that work efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so exited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of Dr. Emmanuel who cured my Herpes virus with his herbs, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly Herpes virus (HVS) for the past (4)years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for way to get rid of this disease, the hospital have been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have did, few days after i went back to the same hospital that previously confirmed me as Herpes virus positive and this time the result declared me negative to the deadly virus of Herpes virus....so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God use a man to healed me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, suffering from AIDS, ALS,hiv/aids,copd, asthma.. Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: ( nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp number +2348140073965 he been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searchingthrough the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr.Emmanuel helped someone in curing his Herpes virus using his healing
    Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to a preparation for the herbs items, of which I did exactly what he instructed me to do, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed with herpes virus i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many doctors on this issue yet my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Dr odion and told him my problems and all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14days I went to see a medical doctor for test and the result was negative.i was so shocked and amazed,I'm the most happiest person on earth now.You too can also reach him via e-mail drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com or call/Whatsapp +2349019421176 Thanks and God bless you Dr odion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening to you all I want to write a shortly message to the world how doctor ehiaguna help with his great herbal medicine to cured me from this horrible virus HSV 1 and 2 I get his email from someone name Olivia mason how she was also cured by doctor ehiaguna I never believe there was cure until I meet her testimony, I contacted doctor ehiaguna I don’t believe there was cure well I am so happy to write this testimony to the world, this man immediately when I sent him email and this man response within 20 minus and give me the necessary process and the herbal was sent to within 4 day I took it according to the instruction so with 2 week I was completely cured and I get my test done I was confirm negative I am so happy if you want to get his contact you can message him with this email drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953 he can fix this.HIV.HEPATITIS.ANTHRAX.HPV.CANCER.ALSAND ALSO SOLVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to write a little testimony about the good work of dr ebacol who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 weeks with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc Ebacol email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 weeks and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through email address drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com or text him on what's app, phone number +2348159042641 Dr Ebacol also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Ebacol and be free from suffering.     

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herpes is a bad and deadly diseases that need to be cured no matter what it take,
    If you a paticence of this disease you will know what I'm talking about,
    I was cured of herpes by Dr Oseghale by his Herbal medicine , I know fully well that you will be cured too
    contact him now via WhatsApp :+2347062814871, or Email: oseghalesunday07@gmail.com
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    COPD
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS.
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.
    HEPATITIS A B and C.
    email oseghalesunday07@gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m here to testify about what Dr favour did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Favour on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Favour prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Favour assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.favour for help via drfavour37@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348028081669

    ReplyDelete